- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Mix Veg Makhani
Mix Veg Makhani is a perfect combination of creaminess and spiciness with goodness of Veggies. A yummy buttery, rich gravy with mixed vegetables is definitely a restaurant style treat !!
- Onion - 2
- Tomato - 3
- Cashew - 1/4 cup
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Green peas - 1/4 cup
- Cauliflower - 8-9 florets
- Green Beans - 5-6 ( chopped)
- Potato - 1 ( chopped into small pieces)
- OIl - to saute the vegetables
- White Button Mushrooms - 2 ( chopped)
- Carrot - 1/2 ( roughly chopped)
- Kashmiri Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Deggi Mirch Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder ( Dhania) - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder ( jeera) - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Kasuri methi - 1/4 tsp
- Fresh Cream - 1/4 cup +2 tsp for garnishing
- Orange food color - 1/2 tsp ( optional)
- Coriander leaves - for garnishing
Onion - Tomato - Cashew Nut Paste
- In a pan heat 2 tsp oil.
- Add chopped Onions, Tomatoes and Cashew nuts.
- Saute until the tomatoes turn soft and mushy.
- Grind the mixture into a smooth paste.
To make the Mix Vegetable Makhani
- Chop all the veggies and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, saute all the veggies in the oil one by one except Mushrooms and Capsicum.(See to it that potatoes and Cauliflower are cooked well ).
- Drain the fried veggies on a kitchen towel.
- In the same pan add butter.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute until the raw smell disappears.
- Add the Onion - tomato- Cashew nut paste and saute .
- Add salt and all the powdered spices red chilli powder, coriander Powder, cumin powder and mix well.
- Add 3-4 tsp water and cover and cook for 15-20 mins) Keep Stirring occasionally.
- Add the mushrooms and capsicum and mix well. cook for a minute.
- Add all the fried veggies and mix well.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and cover an cook for minutes.5-7 mins until the veggies are well cooked.
- Add cream ,orange color and Kasuri Methi
- Cook for 2 minutes and mix well.
- Add Garam Masala and mix.
- Add coriander leaves and mix.
- Garnish with cream and serve hot with Roti / Rice.