- Yield: 19 nos
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Nankhatai-Indian Shortbread Cookies
Nankhatai is an Indian style cookie that is a perfect tea time snack. They are usually made during the Diwali festival in India. Perfect nankhatai that look exactly like the bakery bought ones. I am sure you cant resist them. So crisp, yet soft that the minute you put them in your mouth, they just melt away.
- Measure all the ingredients and keep them ready.
- Sieve Maida, Besan and baking powder.
- In bowl mix all the dry ingredients, maida, Besan ,Sooji and Baking powder.
- To make the dough, in a big flat plate or bowl add powdered sugar and ghee and mix well for around 5 minutes.
- Add the dry ingredients and elaichi powder to the ghee and sugar mixture and knead into soft dough.
- Make small balls and flatten them by pressing them gently between your palms and place them on a greased baking tray. This recipe makes approximately 19-20 big sized cookies . It varies depending on the size you want to make.Preheat the oven at 200 degree C for 10 minutes.
- Place the baking try in the oven at 180 degree C for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Once they are out from the oven they will be soft, so avoid touching them.
- Let them cool down completely after which they are ready to serve.
- Store them in an airtight container.