- Yield: 2 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Easy Chickpea Salad
Chickpea salad is a healthy salad that can be served as a side or a main dish too. This protein rich salad is low in fat, super healthy and filling. It is quick and easy to make by simply putting together a few ingredients.
- Chickpeas (Garbanzo beans) - 1 cup (Boiled with a little salt )
- Cherry Tomato - 10 (cut into halves)
- Onion - 1 ( cut into small chunks)
- Cucumber - 1 small sized (cut into small cubes)
- Lettuce - 3-4 leaves (torn into small pieces)
- Coriander leaves - 4 sprigs (chopped)
- For the Salad dressing
- Lemon juice - 3 tsp
- Olive oil - 2 tsp
- Pepper - a pinch
- Salt - to taste
- In a bowl mix all the veggies cucumber, onion, tomato and lettuce
- Season it with a little salt.
- Add the boiled chickpeas, mix well and keep aside.
For the Salad dressing
- In a small bowl mix all the ingredients of the dressing with a whisk.
- Drizzle it all over the salad.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Before serving allow all the ingredients to marinate well at room temperature.
- The chickpeas should be well cooked.
- To give it a Mediterranean twist you may also add black olives, feta cheese / grated cottage cheese and serve it with pita bread.