- Yield: 4 people
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Bread Pakoda is a perfect tea time snack to be enjoyed while sipping tea during the monsoon. A famous street side snack and a scrumptious finger food.
- For the batter
- Gram Flour (Besan) - 1 cup
- Turmeric powder ( Haldi) - 1/4 tsp
- Red Chili powder - 1/4 tsp ( optional)
- Soda Bi Carb / Baking Soda - a pinch
- For the Pakoda
- Bread - 10 pieces
- Potato Sabzi - As required
- Green Chutney - as required
- salt - as per taste
For the batter (coating) :-
- In a bowl add gram flour, turmeric powder, red chilli powder ( optional) and salt.
- Add water to make a slightly thick batter that has like a coating consistency. ( Add pinch of soda bi-carb just before deep frying).
For the stuffing ( Potato Sabzi) :-
- Coarsely grind curry leaves, green chillies, ginger and garlic in a blender.
- In a pan heat 2 tsp oil and add the coarse mixture.
- Add asafoetida, turmeric powder and salt to taste.
- Add boiled and mashed potatoes.
- Add coriander leaves, cover the mixture and cook for a minute on a low flame.
- Allow the potato sabzi to cool down in a plate.
For the Pakodas :-
- Apply chutney on two bread slices and spread the potato Sabzi on the same.
- Cover with another bread.
- Cut them diagonally to make four pieces.
- Coat them in the batter.
- Deep fry on medium heat until they look done.
- Serve hot along with Red Garlic Chutney or Tomato Ketchup