- Yield: 10-15 rolls
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Spinach Cheese Fingers
A crispy delightful iron rich snack perfect as starters or as a tea time snack. A perfect way to make kids eat the veggies. You could replace the stuffing with any veggies of your choice and I am sure kids will love it. Plus I tried making this a no Onion - garlic recipe :)
- For the Spinach Stuffing
- Spinach (Palak) - 1 bunch ( 200 gms approx)
- Cottage Cheese(Paneer) - 1/2 cup grated
- Ginger- Green chilli paste - 2 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder ( Dhania) - 1 /2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Raw Mango Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Chat Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Black Pepper powder ( kali Mirch) - 2-3 pinches
- Gram Flour (Besan) - 2 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Butter - 2 tsp
- Covering( Potato and cheese
- Potato - 3 ( medium sized)
- Processed cheese (cheddar) - 1/2 cup grated
- Corn flour - 2 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- For the coating
- All purpose flour (maida) - 4-5 tsp dissolved in water making a paste not too thick or runny
- Bread Crumbs - as required
- salt - as per taste
- Oil - for deep frying
- Heat 3-4 cups of water and blanch the spinach for a min or two.
- Transfer it into cold water.
- chop it finely and keep aside.
- Dry roast gram flour and keep aside.
- Keep all the basic ingredients ready.
For the spinach Stuffing
- In a pan heat butter, and add the ginger green chilli paste and saute.
- Add the blanched spinach and mix well and add the spices except the amchur and chat masala and mix well.
- Cover for 2-3 mins.
- Add the crumbled paneer and mix.
- Add the salt, chat masala and amchur powder and saute until the water dries out completly if any.
- Then add the gram flour and mix.
- The stuffing is ready. Let it cool.
For the potato coating
- Mix salt and cheese in the boiled potato and mix.
- Add the corn flour and mix.
- Make a dough and keep aside.
To make the rolls/ Fingers
- Now as shown make a flat round with the potato mixture on the palm and place the spinach stuffing.
- Shape them into cylindrical / finger shapes .
- Keep all of them ready.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Keep the bread crumbs and Maida ( AFP) ready ( dissolve 5-6 tsp of maida with ice cold water making a batter that isn't too thick or too runny but just right to coat the fingers )and add salt to it.
- Now drop the fingers in the batter and coat them well.
- Roll them in bread crumbs and keep aside,
- Keep all of them ready to fry.
- Deep fry them on medium to high heat until golden brown.
- Serve them hot with tomato ketchup and coriander-mint chutney.
Do try this recipe and let me know your feedback. Do like my page https://www.facebook.com/yourcookingpal/ to receive regular updates. Check out http://yourcookingpal.com/ for many more recipes. Till then Happy Cooking :)