- Yield: 4 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Bottle Gourd Potato - Lauki Aloo Sabzi
This Bottle gourd Sabzi is very easy to make, quick and simple sabzi with minimal ingredients required, however tastes divine. Many people dislike or ignore this vegetable however try this version, it turns out totally scrumptious. This pressure cooker recipe definitely gives 'quick food' a whole new meaning.
- Bottle Gourd ( Doodhi/ Lauki) - 150 gms ( cut into big chunks
- Potato - 2 -3(cut into cubes/chunks)
- Cumin ( jeera) - 1/4 tsp
- Onion - 1 big( finely chopped)
- Tomato - 3 ( finely chopped)
- Garlic - 5-6 ( grated)
- Ginger - 1/2 inch piece ( grated)
- Red Chilli powder - 2 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder ( Haldi) - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Powder ( Dhania) - 1 tsp
- Cumin powder ( jeera) - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves - for garnish
- salt - to taste
- Oil - 5-6 tsp
- Heat 5 tsp oil in a pressure cooker pan
- Add cumin seeds and let them crackle.
- Add onions and saute for a min.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute.
- Add tomatoes and mix well.
- Add all the dry spices, red chilli powder, cumin powder , coriander powder and turmeric.
- Once the tomatoes start leaving oil from the sides add the potato and bottle guard and mix well.
- Add salt and mix.
- Add about 1 cup of water or more as per your desired consistency. ( However do not add too much water)
- Cover the pressure cooker pan and cook until one whistle.
- Once the pan cools down completely open the cover and garnish with coriander and gently simmer it for 2-3 mins.
- Serve hot with Roti / Rice