- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Crispy Pizza Sticks - How to make Pizza Fingers
Pizza sticks are a quick snack on the go and a wonderful party appetizer. A unique way to serve Pizza indeed ! Pizza is already loved so much.. try this version of serving a pizza. It is such a simple yet eye pleasing recipe .
- Thin Pizza bread - Or Normal can be sliced thinly
- Olive Oil - for brushing on the bread
- For the topping
- Tomato Sauce - 2 tbsp
- Chilli Sauce - 1 tbsp
- Schezwan chutney - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Onion - 1 ( finely chopped)
- Capsicum - 1/2 ( smal sized finely chopped)
- Mushrooms - 2-3 ( finely chopped)
- Paneer - 3-4 tsp ( grated)
- Black olives - 2-3 tsp ( finely chopped)
- Dired Italian Herbs - 1/4 tsp
- Grated Processed cheese - to grate on the pizza
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned for a topping in a bowl and keep aside. You may add any toppings of your choice however just finely chop or grate it.
- Add seasoning if required.
- Take a thin pizza bread . If you don't find a thin bread just cut the nomal bread into 2 halves.( The thinner the bread the crispier it will be)
- Apply oil on the pizza base.
- Spread a thin layer of the topping sauce on the Pizza base.
- Now add very little grated cheese on top and press it well so that the cheese sticks to the bread.
- I made these using two methods. One with the oven and the other on the gas stove.
For the oven
- Preheat the oven for 10 mins at 200 deg C.
- You may cut them into strips before placing them on the tray.
- Grease the tray with a little olive oil and place the pizza sticks.
- Bake until they are golden brown and crispy ( should take 5-6 minutes).
For the Gas stove
- Heat a flat surfaced tava (the one we make rotis) for 5-7 mins until very hot.
- Simultaneously heat a frying pan and brush it with a little oil.
- Then add the Pizza along with the toppings and cheese on the frying pan.
- And then place the hot tava on the frying pan covering it
- Bake until the base is crispy and the cheese melts.
- With the help of a pizza cutter cut them into strips.
The hot tava/pan placed above ensures that the cheese on the top melts . Try any method that suits you. However my favourite was the one made on gas stove :)
Serve them piping hot, along with Tomato sauce and Chilli Mayo ( Mix Mayo and Chilli sauce).