- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Tangy Masala Vermicelli
Vermicelli is mostly cooked as kheer , upma or pulav. However I tried a little variation to cook them this way . This dish is not only tangy and spicy but also satisfies your craving for those Instant Masala Noodles. They are just perfect for a quick evening snack !!
- Vermicelli - 1 1/2 cup ( cooked)
- Onion - 1 ( finely Chopped)
- Tomato - 2 ( finely chopped)
- French Beans - 1/4 cup ( chopped)
- Carrot - 1/4 cup ( chopped)
- Red chilli Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Nandos Peri Peri Sauce ( mild) - 3-4 tsp ( alternatively can use chilli sauce + Vinegar)
- Tomato Sauce - 2 tsp
- Tomato Puree - 1 tsp
- Boil and keep Vermicelli ready as per the instructions on the packet (after cooking drain them and run them under cold water and add 1 tsp oil to avoid them from sticking to each other.)
- In a pan heat 3-4 tsp oil and add onion and sauté for a minute.
- Add the veggies ( you may add any veggies of your choice) and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and cook well.
- Add red chilli powder , turmeric powder and sauté well for 2 minutes.Add tomato ketchup, Peri Peri Sauce ( alternatively can use red chilli sauce and vinegar) and tomato puree and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the vermicelli and salt to taste.
- Add any extra sauce if you want it even tangy / spicy and mix well.
- Serve hot.