- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Veg Hot and Sour Soup
This hot and sour soup is sure to tantalize your taste buds. I love this classic soup and I am sure many of you are fans of this refreshing soup too. Very easy to make soup and so soothing.
- Capsicum - 1/2
- carrot - 1
- 4 mushrooms
- Cabbaage - 1 cup ( chopped)
- Green Chillies - 2 (hot)
- Garlic ( finely chopped) - 4 tsp
- Ginger - 2 tsp
- Corn flour dissolved in water - 2 tsp dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- Dark Soya Sauce - 2-3 tsp
- Coriander - 1-2 tsp chopped
- Sping onion greens - for garnish
- Green chilli Sauce - optional
- Red chilli sauce - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper powder ( kali Mirch) - 2-3 pinches
- vinegar - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - as per taste
- Oil - 1/2 tsp
To make the Vegetable Stock
- You may use half of the veggies mentioned in the ingredients for the stock and rest to add to the soup.
- Heat 2 cups of water in a pan, add salt, a sprinkle of pepper and the veggies and boil for atleast 5-6 mins.Discard the veggies and retain the water. Stock for the soup is ready. (U may use ready made Veg Stock well.)
To Make the Soup
- In a Sauce pan add 1/2 tsp oil..
- Saute the ginger and garlic well until the raw smell disappears.
- Then add the green Chillies and saute.
- Add the finely chopped Veggies, 2 mushrooms, 2 tbsp Carrot , 2 tbsp capsicum , and 3 tbsp cabbage and saute well.
- Add all the sauces except Vinegar and mix well. You may add more to adjust as per your preference.
- Add the stock and 1/2 cup of water if required as per the desired consistency.
- Add salt and bring it to a boil for 5-6mins on high flame.
- Add the corn flour dissolved in water, coriander,vinegar and again bring it to a boil.( if you prefer the soup thicker you may use more corn flour).
- Add spring onions to garnish and serve hot.
Do try this recipe and let me know your feedback. Do like my page https://www.facebook.com/yourcookingpal/ to receive regular updates. Check out http://yourcookingpal.com/ for many more recipes. Till then Happy Cooking :)