- Yield: 4 people
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Veg Manchow Soup
Restaurant style Soups can be easily made at home. Yummy , nutritious and comforting.. its no surprise why soups are so popular!! Manchow soup a very popular Indo Chinese Soup served along with crispy fried Noodles in most of the restaurants.
- Onion - 1 ( small- finely chopped)
- Garlic - 7-8( finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch piece ( finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1 small-( finely chopped)
- Green chillies - 2
- French Beans - 5-6 ( finely chopped)
- White Button Mushroom - 2 ( finely chopped)
- Carrot - 1/2 ( finely chopped)
- Capsicum - 1/2 ( finely chopped)
- Cabbage - 1/4 cup ( finely chopped)
- Corriander - 1/4 cup ( for garnish)
- Red Chilli sauce - 2 tsp
- Dark Soya Sauce - 3 tsp
- Green chilli sauce - 1 tsp
- Corn flour dissolved in water - 2 tsp cornflour dissoved in 1/2 cup of water
- MSG - Ajinomoto (optional) - a pinch
- For Vegetable Stock
- Cabbage - 1/2 cup
- Mushrooms - 2
- Carrot - 1/2
- Capsicum - 1/2
- salt - a pinch
- pepper - a pinch
To make the Fried Noodles ( optional)
- Boil the 100 gms noodles as per instructions on the pack and drain them thoroughly.
- Add 1 tsp oil and keep them aside for a while.
- Add the 2-3 tsp cornflour to the noodles and mix them well with hands coating them well.
- Deep fry the noodles in hot oil on low to medium heat.
- Once they slightly turn golden brown drain them on a kitchen towel paper.
- Crispy Noodles are ready.
To make Vegetable stock
- Boil 3-4 cups of water in a pan.
- Once the water comes to a boil add the roughly chopped vegetables mentioned to prepare the stock.
- Add salt and pepper .
- Cover and bring it to a boil atleast for 10-12 mins.
- Once done drain the stock and discard the veggies.
- The stock is ready.
To make the soup
- Chop all the ingredients and keep them ready
- Dissolve 2 tsp of cornflour in 1/2 cup of water.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan.
- Add all the aromatics like ginger, garlic, green chillies, onion saute for a min or two.
- Add all the chopped vegetables and saute well.
- Add all the sauces and mix well.
- Add salt and msg ( do not add too much salt since the sauces already have salt)
- Add the stock and mix.
- Adjust the sauces as per your taste and mix well.
- Cover the soup and bring it to a boil for 4-5 mins.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
- Once it boils add the cornflour mixture and mix well.
- Add a little water to achieve the desired consistency and boil for 10-12 mins.
- The Soup is then ready to serve.