- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Mushroom Cashewnut Masala
Mushroom Cashewnut Masala is a rich and creamy cashewnut based gravy. This tastes absolutely amazing with Rotis/ Bread or Rice. An exotic and flavourful curry with goodness of both cashews and mushrooms :)
- Whole Garam Masala - 4 cardamom pods, 2 pieces of Dalchini( cinnamon),
- Cumin seeds ( Zeera) - 1/2 tsp
- Onion - 2 ( small sized finely chopped)
- Cashew Nuts (Kaju) - 15 ( halved cashews to addto gravy)
- White Button Mushroom - 5-6 ( chopped)
- Cashew Nuts (Kaju) - 1/4 cup small pieces for grinding ( soaked in warm water for 15 mins and pureed )
- Tomato - 2 ( pureed) or you may also make use of tomato puree
- Kashmiri Red chilli powder - 3 tsp
- Coriander Powder ( Dhania) - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder ( Haldi) - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Oil / butter - 5 tsp
- salt - as per taste
- Heat 5 tsp oil / butter in a pan .
- Add Cumin seeds and the whole spices cinnamon and cardamom pods.
- Then add the finely chopped onions and fry them until golden brown.
- Add powdered spices like Kashmiri chilli powder and coriander powder and mix well.
- Add the tomato puree and cashewnut puree ( add very little water if you find its too thick)
- Cover and bring this gravy to a boil for about 10 mins or so.
- Add the mushrooms and soaked cashewnut and mix well.
- Cover and cook for another 5-7 mins or until the gravy thickens a little until the desired consistency.
- Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve hot with rice or roti.