- Yield: 2 -3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
A yummy creamy Palak Paneer recipe that is delicious and healthy at the same time. Super nutritious spinach along with cottage cheese is a combo that has nourishing goodness!!
- Ghee and oil ( combined) - 2-3 tsp
- Cumin ( zeera) - 1/4 tsp
- Dried Red Chilli - 2-3
- Spinach (Palak) - 1 bunch ( Blanched and Pureed)
- Turmeric - a pinch
- Onion - 1 ( finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1 ( finely chopped)
- Garlic - 4 tsp ( finely chopped)
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Cream - 2 tsp
- Kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) - 2 pinches
- Paneer - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder - 1 pinch
- Ginger Juliennes - for garnish
- Heat a kadai with ghee and oil.
- Add cumin seeds and Red chillies.
- Add the chopped garlic and saute.
- Add chopped onion and saute until they turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes and cook until they soften.
- Add the pureed Palak and mix.
- Cook for 5-6 mins until the raw taste of palak disappears.
- Add garam Masala , cardamom powder and kasoori methi and cook for a min or so.
- Add the paneer pieces and cook for a min.
- Add cream to finish off and garnish with ginger juliennes.
- Serve hot along with rotis / phulkas.
Tip : To retain the bright green color of the palak after boiling them in very little water transfer the leaves in icy cold water.