- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Oats Onion Tomato Uttapam
A perfect power packed breakfast with the goodness of oats. These uttapams are easy to make plus are healthy too. A simple dish yet so tasty.
- Idli / dosa Batter - 1 and 1/2 cups thick batter
- Whole wheat flour ( atta) - 3-4 tsp
- Instant oats - 1/2 cup ( powdered)
- Onion - 1 ( finely sliced
- Tomato - 1 finely chopped
- Green chilies - 2
- Coriander - 1/4 cup
- Sambar Powder - to sprinkle
- Salt - as per taste
- Oil / ghee - as required
- Add 2-3 tsps of whole wheat flour to a thick idli/dosa batter.( do not add to much water as the batter needs to be thick )
- Grind 1/2 cup of oats into a fine powder and add it to the batter.
- Add salt and mix well. Add very little water as the batter needs to be a little thick.
- On a flat plan or a mini uttapam pan add oil and spread a thick layer of batter.
- Immediately add onion, tomatoes, coriander and green chillies.
- Sprinkle some sambar powder and salt.
- Add ghee/ oil from the sides and cook for 3-4 mins or until they turn slightly golden brown from below.
- Them simply flip and let it cook for another 2-3 mins. Add ghee/ oil if required.
- Serve hot with Sambar and Chutney.
Uttappam looks yummy. Where u got uttapam pan?
Its Nirlep brand.. easily available in any utensil stores.. alternatively you may also find it on Amazon