- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Tomato Omelette is a quick breakfast for the morning rush hours. It is a perfect alternative for a regular egg omelette. Can be enjoyed at breakfast, brunch or even as an evening snack !!
- Gram Flour (Besan) - 1 cup
- Onions - 1 ( finely chopped)
- Tomato - 2-3 ( finely chopped)
- Coriander - 1/2 cup ( finely chopped)
- Green chilli - 2-3 ( finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder ( Haldi) - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- oil - as required for frying
- Salt - as required
- In a bowl add gram flour besan( gram flour) and add the spices, salt and rest of the ingredients like onion, green chillies, coriander and tomato.
- Add water and mix well to form a batter that is not too thick not too thin.
- Check the seasoning and keep it aside for 5-10 mins.
- Heat a griddle /non stick skillet and add 2 tsp of oil. Keep the flame on medium to low.
- Once the oil heats up add a thin layer of the batter and spread it evenly.
- Add some oil from the sides and let it cook for 2-3 mins on medium to low flame.
- Check if the bottom part is evenly browned then flip it over and cook from the other side as well.
- Apply some butter on both sides.
- Serve hot with some butter, Bread slices and tomato sauce .
Note : For morning breakfast you may keep the batter ready in the fridge. The omelette tastes even better that way and saves your time in the morning rush hours.
Your site is doing a very good job . very perfectly and deeply mention the all ingredents and recepies
Thank you Dipali for the appreciation ! I am glad you like my recipes stay tuned for more