- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Tomato Omelette is a quick breakfast for the morning rush hours. It is a perfect alternative for a regular egg omelette. Can be enjoyed at breakfast, brunch or even as an evening snack !!
- In a bowl add gram flour besan( gram flour) and add the spices, salt and rest of the ingredients like onion, green chillies, coriander and tomato.
- Add water and mix well to form a batter that is not too thick not too thin.
- Check the seasoning and keep it aside for 5-10 mins.
- Heat a griddle /non stick skillet and add 2 tsp of oil. Keep the flame on medium to low.
- Once the oil heats up add a thin layer of the batter and spread it evenly.
- Add some oil from the sides and let it cook for 2-3 mins on medium to low flame.
- Check if the bottom part is evenly browned then flip it over and cook from the other side as well.
- Apply some butter on both sides.
- Serve hot with some butter, Bread slices and tomato sauce .
Note : For morning breakfast you may keep the batter ready in the fridge. The omelette tastes even better that way and saves your time in the morning rush hours.