- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Paneer Chilli a very popular Indo Chinese starter that is ordered the most in any Indian restaurants.
- Paneer (cottage Cheese) - 200 gms
- Corn flour - 5-6 tsps
- Black pepper Powder - 1 pinch
- Onion - 1 ( cut into cubes)
- Capsicum - 1 chopped
- Green chillies - 4-5 ( slit)
- Garlic - 10-12 cloves ( finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1 inch piece grated
- Dark Soya Sauce - 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli sauce - 2 tsp
- Schezwan sauce - 1 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup - 1 tsp
- Spring greens - 3-4 tsps for garnish
- salt - to taste
- Pat dry the paneer and cut them into cubes.
- In a plate add 5-6 tsp corn flour and 1 pinch of pepper powder.
- Add the paneer cubes and coat them dry from all sides with the corn flour.
- Deep fry these coated Paneer cubes in oil and keep them aside.( if you want to soften them you may soak them warm water and then add into the gravy)
- Chop all the ingredients and keep them ready.
- In a wok heat 3 tsp oil and add onions, garlic, ginger, slit green chillies and sauté for a minute.
- Add capsicum cubes and sauté well.
- Now add all the sauces and mix well. You may adjust the sauces as per your taste preference.
- Add a little water (2 tsp) to prevent it from drying.
- Add fried paneer cubes and salt to taste. ( do not add too much of salt as the sauces contain salt too)
- Garnish it with Spring onion greens and serve hot.