- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Crispy Bombil Fry is an exotic shallow fried fish dish that is a delicacy throughout the western coastal region of Maharashtra. Hot Crispy Bombil fry with Chapati or along with Rice and Fish curry tastes awesome !!
Marinating and Coating the Bombil
- Clean and slit the bombil from the middle all the way through so as it make it flat. This makes it easier to fry.
- Add salt and keep it aside for 5 minutes.
- Then add turmeric powder, Kokum juice, and ginger garlic paste.
- Add Red chilli powder and mix well.
- Marinate it for a good 15 minutes.
- In a plate mix the rava, rice flour, salt and masala for the coating and cover each bombil with the same.
Frying the Bombil
- Heat a skillet and add some oil.
- Add bombil one by one and fry on both sides on a low to medium flame until they become nice and crisp on top.
- Serve hot.