- Yield: 2 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Topatle Bombil - Fresh Bombil Chutney
Topatle Bombil ( Bombay Duck) also referred to as Bombil chutney. Usually made out of dried bombil however try this twist by making use of fresh Bombil. The word topatle simply refers to deep vessel / cooking pot in Marathi thus topatle Bombil means Bombil made in a cooking pot.
It is a simple recipe, that is quick and super easy to make. It tastes awesome with Chapati / roti.
- Bombil ( Bombay Duck) - 5-6
- Red Chilli powder - 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder ( Haldi) - 1/4 tsp
- Kokum extract - 3-4 tsp
- Onion - 1
- Tomato - 1 big
- Garlic - 6-7 cloves ( chopped)
- Green chilli - 1 ( chopped into pieces
- Curry Leaves - 6-7
- Coriander leaves - for garnish
- Salt - As per taste
1.Clean and marinate the bombil with red chilli powder, turmeric, kokum and salt.
2.Heat some oil , add curry leaves, garlic, green chilli and onions and fry them well.
3.Add tomatotoes, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder and salt.
5. Add 1/2 tsp red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
4.Add the marinated bombil and cover and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the bombil look cooked.
5. Add coriander leaves and cook for a minute or so and then it is ready to serve. Serve hot along with chapatti/roti.
Pls send me non-veg recipes spl maharashtrian