- Yield: 2 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Potato Snake Gourd Veggie - Aloo Padval Sabzi
I wasn't a big fan of Padval ( Snake Gourd) until I tried making this Stir fried version. This veggie is very very easy to cook and tastes scrumptious along with hot Rotis !! It a perfect recipe for tiffin as well !!
- Padval ( Snake Gourd) - 200 gms( thinly sliced)
- Potato (Aloo) - 1
- Oil - 4 tbsp
- Dried Red Chilli - 2
- Green Chilli - 1
- Curry Leaves - 5-6
- Garlic cloves - 6-7 ( chopped)
- Coriander Powder ( Dhania) - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder ( zeera) - 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric - two pinches
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
Keep all the ingredients ready. Slightly peel the skin of the padval( snake gourd ) deseed them and cut them finely.
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped garlic, curry leaves, red chilli and green chilli.
- Add the Potatoes, mix well and cover and cook for 3 mins or until the potatoes look semi cooked.
- Add salt and the spices, red chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and Turmeric.
- Add the chopped Padval and mix well.
- Keep tossing it at regular interval and let it cook on medium flame without cover.
- When it looks almost done add garam masala and cook for another 2 mins.