- Yield: 4 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Paneer Chilli Gravy
Paneer Chilli gravy is a perfect Indo Chinese gravy dish. Paneer cubes ,deep fried and then added to the gravy gives the dish an unique flavour. It is definitely a family favourite and whenever the menu is Indo Chinese, I definitely make it . This spicy gravy goes so well with any Indo Chinese Rice or Noodles.
- Paneer - 200 gms
- Green chillies - 2-3 ( slit)
- Ginger ( finely chopped) - 2 tsp
- Garlic ( finely chopped) - 2 tsp
- Capsicum ( green, red and yellow) - 1 ( cut into cubes)
- Onion - 1 small ( cut into cubes)
- Veg Stock cube / veg stock - 1 cube ( dissoved in 1/4 cup Water)
- Corn flour - as required
- Dark Soya Sauce - 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Red chilli sauce - 2 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup - 2 tsp
- Spring onion greens - for Garnish
- Vinegar - 1/4 tsp
- Pat dry the paneer and cut them into cubes.
- In a plate add 3-4 tsp corn flour and 1/4 tsp pepper powder.
- Add the paneer cubes and coat them dry from all sides with the corn flour.
- Deep fry these coated Paneer cubes in oil and keep them aside.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 1/2 cup warm water and keep aside.( I use the Knorr Vegetable Stock cubes)
- Also dissolve 2 tsp of corn flour in 1/4 cup water and keep aside.
- Chop all the ingredients and keep them ready.
- In a wok heat 3 tsp oil and add onions, garlic, ginger, slit green chillies and sauté for a minute.
- Add capsicum cubes and sauté well.
- Now add all the sauces and mix well. You may adjust the sauces as per your taste preference.
- Add the Vegetable stock and bring it to a boil.
- Add corn flour dissolved in water and cook for a minute (This step will thicken the gravy ).
- Adjust the desired consistency for the gravy by adding water if required.
- Add fried paneer cubes and salt to taste. (do not add too much salt as the stock cube also contains salt)
- Add vinegar and boil for a min or so.
- Garnish with spring onion greens
- Serve the hot Paneer Chilli Gravy with Schezwan fried rice , Egg Fried Rice or Noodles .