- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Peas and Carrot White Pulao
A quick pulao with veggies, which is super easy to prepare and can be cooked up in a jiffy.
- White Basmati rice - 2 cups ( washed and drained)
- Hot water - 3 1/2 cups
- Green Cardamom - 3
- Black Cardamom - 1
- Cinnamon - 1/2 inch piece
- Bay leaves - 2
- Cashew Nuts - 1/4 cup
- Green peas - 1/2 cup
- Carrot - 1/2 cup (diced to the similar size of the green peas)
- Cauliflower - 1/2 cup (cut into small florets)
- Oil - 3 tsp
- Ghee - 2 tsp
- In a medium sized pressure cooker add both oil and ghee.
- Add whole garam masala like the cardamom, black cardamom, bay leaf and cinnamon and sauté.
- Add the carrot and cauliflower and sauté for a minute.
- Add green peas, cashew nuts and sauté.
- Add the washed and drained rice, mix and sauté well for a minute.
- Add hot water and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Close the lid and pressure cook until one whistle.
- Open the cooker only when it completely cools down.
- Mix thoroughly before serving.