- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Kadhi ( made using curd) is very popular throughout India and every state has their own unique ways of making it. This version of Kadhi Pakora is very popular especially in the North. Spiced curd with besan and onion pakoras submerged in them. Best served along with rice. Here is my take on the famous Kadhi Pakora !!
- For Pakoras
- Onion - 2 ( sliced)
- Boiled Potato - 1
- Besan - 1 cup
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin powder ( jeera) - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tsp
- Dhania seeds - 1 tsp (slightly pounded)
- Coriander leaves - 3-4 tsp ( finely chopped)
- For the Kadhi
- Curd - 1 and 1/2 cup (beaten)
- Gram Flour (Besan) - 3-4 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1/4 tsp
- turmeric - 1/4 tsp
- Cumin ( jeera) - 1/4 tsp
- Onion - 1/2 sliced (optional)
- Asafoetida ( hing) - a pinch
- Curry leaves - 6-7
- Dried red chillies - 3-4
- Green chilli - 1 ( chopped)
- Garlic - 4-5 cloves( chopped)
- Ginger - 1/4 inch ( chopped)
- salt - as per taste
- Coriander - for garnish
- Oil - for tadka
For the Pakoras
- Marinate the onions with salt and all the other spices except the besan and potato for 5 mins.
- Then add the besan and mix well.
- Add the coriander seeds( dhania) and mix.
- Add very little water to make the batter sticky enough but not too runny.
- Add potato and mix well and also add the coriander leaves.
- Keep aside for 15 -20 mins .
- Heat oil in a Kadai for deep frying and add spoonful of batter into the hot oil.
- Fry the pakoras until slightly brown and crispy on a low flame.
- Drain them out on a tissue paper.
For the Kadhi
- Beat the curd well and add a little water until the desired consistency.
- Add salt, red chilli powder and turmeric Powder.
- Heat 2 tsp of oil in a saucepan.
- Add zeera and once they crackle add curry leaves, hing, garlic and ginger and mix well.
- Add the spiced curd and let it boil and simmer on a medium to low flame for 5-6 mins and the kadhi is ready.
Just before serving add the pakoras to the Kadhi .
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with hot steamed rice.
Thanks Guys, Your Recipe Was Too Fantastic. Me and My Family Loved it. I Will Share your Rrecipe with my friends.
Thank you so much