- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Cheesy Stuffed Mushroom
Cheese and Mushrooms go so well. So heres a dish that unites both. They can be served as a starter or as a snack. These buttery mushrooms will surely leave you longing for more :) Its a sure treat for cheese and mushroom lovers !!
- For marination
- White Button Mushroom - 10-15 ( small ones preffered)
- Oil - 1 ( olive oil preffered)
- Dried Red chilli flakes - 1/4 tsp
- Dried Italian herbs - 1/4 tsp
- For the stuffing
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Onion - 1 ( big finely chopped)
- Garlic - 5-6 cloves finely chopped
- Cottage Cheese(Paneer) - 1/4 cup ( grated)
- Processed cheese (cheddar) - 1/4 cup ( grated) + for garnish on top
- Black Pepper powder ( kali Mirch) - 1/4 tsp
- Nutmeg powder ( Jaiphal powder) - 3-4 pinches
- Coriander leaves - 5-6 tsp ( finely chopped)
- Lemon juice - for brushing
- Butter - for brushing
- Clean the mushroom thoroughly and wipe with dry paper towel
- Separate the stem from the mushroom so as to create a cavity to fill in the stuffing.
- Do not discard the stems as we need to use them in the stuffing.
To marinate the Mushrooms
- In a bowl mix all the ingredients mentioned for marination and marinate the mushrooms.
- Keep aside until you prepare the stuffing for them.
To prepare the stuffing( refer to the step by step pics)
- Heat 2-3 tsp oil in a pan add onions and saute until golden brown
- Add garlic and saute well.
- Then add the paneer and saute.
- Add the pepper powder and Nutmeg powder( jaiphal ) and mix well.
- Add the cheese and coriander leaves and mix well and the stuffing is ready.
To stuff the mushroom
- Stuff the mushrooms with the filling.
- Brush the mushrooms with butter and lemon juice.
- sprinkle some grated cheese on the mushrooms
- Preheat the oven at 190 deg C for 10 minutes
- Place the Mushrooms in the tray and in the oven for 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot as is or with Mayo or sauce of your choice.