- Yield: 6-7 people
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
Shankarpali / Shakkarpara ( How to make Shankarpali )
Shankarpali / Shakkarpara is traditional snack made mostly during Diwali. It requires hardly any ingredients and is very easy to make. It is just the perfect snack with tea /coffee. Its sweet, crispy yet will just melt away in your mouth.
- All purpose flour (maida) - as required
- Dalda - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 and 1/4 cup
- Milk - 1 and 1/2 cup
- Salt - 1/4 tsp
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- Heat milk and add sugar .Heat only until the sugar completely dissolves in the milk. Let it completely cool down only then it is ready to be used
- In a flat plate, add dalda and use hands to break it down into a smooth mixture. Use circular motions to breakdown the fine particles.( do not over mix)
- Add salt, milk & sugar mixture that has completely cooled down.
- Add maida/ flour to the mixture as required to make a tight dough.(I used approx. 750 gms however it might vary)
- Cover and keep it aside for atleast an hour.
- Take a ball sized dough and roll it out with a rolling pin on a flat surface ( it should be slightly thicker) and cut it out into strips with a shankarpali cutter.
- Then cut them slightly diagonally to get a diamond shape. ( you can shape it however you like) if you don't have a shankapali cutter you may also make use of a pizza cutter.)
- Fry them in oil on a low flame until it turns golden brown. ( do not over fry them and take them out when they are just brown because they tend to turn dark even after you take them out of the hot oil).
- Drain them on a paper towel.
- Cool them down completely and then they are ready to serve.
Can we use for Shankarpali ghee. Because we don’t use Dalda
Yes you can