- Yield: 32 ladoos
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Til Ladoo - Sesame Ladoo
Til Ladoos, a festive, traditional winter dessert that is specially made during Lohri / Sankranti. They are made from Jaggery(Gul) and Til ( sesame Seeds). These are very easy to make and taste super delicious.
- Til ( sesame seeds) - 250 gms
- Jaggery (Chikki gudh) - 250 gms (use the gudh that is only meant for chikki )
- Groundnut (peanut ) - 1/2 cup ( roasted and deskinned, slightly pounded)
- Dry Coconut - 1/4 cup ( grated)
- Cardamom powder ( Elaichi Powder) - 1 tsp
- Nutmeg powder ( Jaiphal powder) - 1/4 tsp ( optional)
- Roast and slightly pound the groundnuts and cut the gudh ( jaggery) into small pieces and keep aside.
- In a pan, roast til until they appear well roasted and slightly change colour.
- Cool the til ( sesame seeds) down and mix the groundnut and grated coconut to it.
- In a thick bottomed kadai, add the gudh ( jaggery) and keep stirring continuously until it melts and turns liquid. ( doesn't take more than 4-5 minutes. Add 1 tsp ghee and mix well.
- Immediately add the mixture of sesame, peanuts and coconut into the hot melted gudh(jaggery). Add the cardamom and Nutmeg powder and mix well for a minute or so.
- Apply ghee on your palms and immediately shape them into small balls ( ladoos).
- Only use chikki Gud / Jaggery for these ladoos. ( the Ladoos wont turn out well with normal gudh)
- If you want the laddoos to be tougher stir and melt the gudh a little longer. The longer you stir the gudh the tougher ( hard) the ladoos will be. However this method of adding the til (sesame) as soon as he gudh( jaggery) turns into a liquid form make the laddoos just right to eat.