- Yield: 2 persons
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Corn Palak - How to make Creamy Spinach and Corn Gravy
My love for both Spinach( palak) and corn inspires me to make this yummy green gravy. The amazing combination of Spinach with corn.. they just go so well with each other. Try out this wonderfully green creamy gravy I am sure you will love it .
- Spinach Leaves - 200- 250 gms
- Green chilli - 1 small
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Corn Kernels - 2 tbsp ( boiled)
- Onion - 1 small ( finely chopped)
- Kashmiri Red chilly powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Cardamom powder ( Elaichi Powder) - 1/4 tsp
- Kasoori Methi Powder (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) - a pinch
- Black salt / Chat masala - 1 pinch
- Fresh Cream - 4-5 tsp
- Oil and butter - 3 tsp
- Blanch Spinach leaves in boiling water for 2 mins and cool them immediately under running water/ cold water( this helps retain the green color of spinach).
- Blend the blanched spinach with very little water and one green chilli and keep aside.
- Heat oil and butter in a pan.
- Add cumin seeds and once it splutters add onion and saute.
- Add ginger garlic paste( or grated) and sauté.
- Add corn and red chilli sauté for a while.
- Add the spinach puree and salt and cover and cook for 5- 6 minutes until the gravy thickens.
- Add kasoori methi, cardamom powder, black salt or chat masala and Garam Masala
- Cook for a minute or so.
- Add fresh cream and mix well.
- Garnish with some fresh cream , corn and coriander sprig. Serve hot with Roti or Rice.