- Yield: 2-3 people
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Dum Aloo is a deliciously smooth and creamy North Indian style gravy with baby potatoes. This simply silky gravy with a little bit of tanginess and mild sweetness makes is totally mouth watering.
- Baby Potatoes - 10-12
- onion - 2-3 ( roasted until brown )
- Green chilli - 1
- Tomatoes - 2 ( pureed)
- Cashewnut paste - 10 ( cashewnuts soaked in warm water and then made into a paste)
- Curd - 2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1/4 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder ( Dhania) - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Whole Garam Masala - Cardamom pods- 2-3 nos, Bay leaf – 1 nos, Cloves – 2-3 nos.,Cinnamon – ¼ inch piece ,Big Cardamom ( badi elaichi) 1no.
- Oil and Butter - 2tbsp oil and 1 tbsp butter
- sugar - 1 pinch ( if required)
- cream - garnish
- coriander - for garnish
- Boil the baby potatoes and peel them. Once they cool down prick them with a fork from all sides and slightly roast them in 1 tsp oil in a kadai and keep aside.
- Grind the roasted onion and green chilli into a fine paste.
- Heat oil and butter in a deep bottomed pan.
- Add the whole spices and roast for a 40- 50 secs.
- Add the onion green chilli paste and cook for 1-2 mins.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and roast well until the raw flavour is gone.
- Add the Tomato puree and mix well and cook for 2-3 mins stirring continuously.
- Add the cashewnut paste and mix well.
- Add all the powdered spices, red chilli powder, garam masala, coriander and cumin powder and mix well.
- Add salt and just a little water if required and cover and cook the gravy for 5- 6 mins.
- Add the curd and sugar and mix well and cover and cook for a min .
- Add the baby potatoes and mix well.
- Add water if required and cover and cook the gravy for 4-5 mins ( stirring it occasionally)
- Garnish with coriander leaves and cream ( optional) and serve hot.
Do try the above recipe and let me know your feedback. Check out http://yourcookingpal.com/ for more recipes.
To receive regular updates do like my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/yourcookingpal
Follow me on Instagram : yourcookingpal
Happy Cooking :)