- Yield: 4-5 people
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Masoor chi Amiti - Masoor Curry
Masoor chi Amti is a typical Maharashtrian style curry made from Masoor Dal. Its spicy,tangy and undeniably delicious and goes very well with rice or can have it on its own too.
- Masoor - 1/4 cup mix of both whole and split masoor( pressure cooked)
- Onion ( finely Sliced) - 1 big ( sliced)
- Coconut - 1/4 cup
- Onion - 1/2 ( finely chopped)
- Curry Leaves - 9-10
- garlic - 6-7 cloves
- Asafoetida ( hing) - 1 pinch
- kokum - 2-3 petals ( optional)
- Red chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- salt - as required
- In a pan roast the sliced onion until golden brown then add the coconut and roast well. Add a little water and blend into a fine paste and keep aside.
- Also pressure cook the masoor dal with triple the amount of water and keep aside.
- In a deep bottomed pan heat 2-3 tsp of oil.
- Add garlic, curry leaves, hing, and onion and saute for 2-3 mins.
- Add the spices red chilli powder and garam masala powder.
- Add the boiled and pressure cooked dal and mix.
- Add a little water and mix well.
- Now add the onion and coconut paste and add some water around 1 and 1/2 cup to adjust the consistency.
- Bring it to a boil and add salt and kokum.
- Boil it thoroughly for 6-7 mins.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve it hot with rice.
Do try the above recipe and let me know your feedback. Check out http://yourcookingpal.com/ for more recipes.
To receive regular updates do like my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/yourcookingpal
Follow me on Instagram : yourcookingpal
Happy Cooking :)