- Yield: 4 pancakes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Oats and Spinach Pancake
A healthy savoury pancake with the goodness of Oats and Spinach. These healthy and nutritious pancakes at breakfast can be an excellent meal to start your day.
- Oats - 1 cup
- Semolina ( Sooji/Rava) - 1/4 cup
- Spinach (Palak) - 1/2 cup ( chopped)
- Tomato - 1 ( finely chopped)
- Onion - 1 ( finely chopped)
- Green Chillies - 1 ( finely chopped)
- Red chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander leaves - 4-5 tsp( finely chopped)
- Grind oats (recommend using the Quaker Quick Cook Oatmeal) in a blender until it is a fine powder and has a floury texture.
- Add this flour in a bowl and add salt all the other ingredients.
- Add 1 and 1/4 cup water and mix well to form a batter.(The batter shouldn’t be too thick or too thin and add more water if needed to adjust the batter accordingly)
- Rest the batter for around 10- 15 minutes.
- Heat a nonstick pan or skillet, add 3 tsp oil (use olive oil to make it even healthier).
- Pour the batter ¼ cup at a time and spread it well and as thin you can.
- Drizzle a little oil on top.
- Cook them on a medium to low flame for about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Repeat the process to make it even crispier.
- Serve hot with Tomato Ketchup.
- This recipe makes 4 medium sized pancakes.
- If you want them to be extra crispier drizzle a little oil over the sides of the pancake.
- Let it cook on a low flame a little longer and evenly on both sides .
Very healthy recipie! I ll try for my boy’s lunch box 👍🏻😊