- Yield: 20 ladoos
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
Besan Ladoo Recipe - How to Make Besan Ladoo
Besan Ladoo is an integral part of the diwali sweets. They are easy to make and requires very minimal ingredients. You can also check out my easy to follow Nankhatai Recipe
- Measure all the ingredients and keep them ready.
- In a small pan add 1/2 tsp ghee and lightly roast cashew nuts and raisins and keep them aside ( you could use any other dry fruits of your choice)
- On very slow flame in big thick bottomed pan roast semolina ( sooji) well until it slightly changes color and take it out on plate/bowl.
- Then in the same pan add half of the ghee and half of the besan and roast it well until it changes color and you get strong aroma.
- Take it out in a plate/bowl.
- Now add the remaining ghee and besan and repeat the procedure.
- You could do it all at once however dividing into two parts makes it a lot easier to roast it evenly.
- Remember roast it on very slow flame and for a long time until it changes color .
- In the same pan add previously roasted gram Flour (besan) mixture and semolina( rava) and mix well.
- Take it off the flame and add sugar and Cardamom powder ( elaichi powder), cashews and rasins and mix thoroughly. ( you can adjust the sugar quantity according to your preference)
- Now take small portions and shape them into round balls. The measurements of the ingredients stated are tried and tested however if you feel you cant shape them well enough you can always heat a little ghee and add it to the mixture and it will be easier for you to shape them.
- Besan Ladoo is ready however allow them to cool for a bit before storing them in an airtight container.
- If you have time on hand, very lightly roast chana dal and then grind into a coarse powder in a flour mill. These ladoos taste yummier compared to the store bought pre packed besan .