- Yield: 10 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Poha Chivda (Chiwda) - How to Make Thin Poha Chivda
Poha chivda is a savoury snack which is beaten rice ( poha) that has been tempered with chilli and curry leaves . Nuts, coconut flakes and raisins are added to enhance the taste further. The best part of this recipe is that it is super quick and so easy for such a delectable snack. It is mostly made for special occasions like Diwali. This savoury snack is sure to lure your taste buds. Let's look at How To Make Poha Chivda.
- In a big wok roast poha for 5 mins or until they become a little crunchy in taste ( be careful you don't over roast them )
- Take out the roasted poha on a plate.
- In a small pan add 1 tsp oil and fry the coconut flakes until they change color and become a little brown.(do not let them turn black)
- In the big wok heat 1/4 cup oil.( do not over heat the oil or else the tempering might burn)
- Add mustard seeds, once they crackle add curry leaves and green chillies.
- Now add groundnuts and roast them for 2 minutes until they are well fried.
- Add cashewnuts and raisins and roast them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, powdered sugar and salt.
- Now add the Poha and roasted dry coconut flakes .
- Mix well and take it off the gas stove.
- Take them out in a large bowl and mix well.
- Poha Chivda is ready to serve. Store it in an airtight container.