- Yield: 10 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Poha Chivda (Chiwda) - How to Make Thin Poha Chivda
Poha chivda is a savoury snack which is beaten rice ( poha) that has been tempered with chilli and curry leaves . Nuts, coconut flakes and raisins are added to enhance the taste further. The best part of this recipe is that it is super quick and so easy for such a delectable snack. It is mostly made for special occasions like Diwali. This savoury snack is sure to lure your taste buds. Let's look at How To Make Poha Chivda.
- Nylon Poha / Thin Poha - 350 gms
- Green chilli - 4
- Curry Leaves - 10-15
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Dry coconut flakes - 1/4 cup
- Groundnut - 1/2 cup
- Cashew Nuts - 1/2 cup
- Raisins - 1 tsp
- Powdered Sugar - 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Salt - To taste
- In a big wok roast poha for 5 mins or until they become a little crunchy in taste ( be careful you don't over roast them )
- Take out the roasted poha on a plate.
- In a small pan add 1 tsp oil and fry the coconut flakes until they change color and become a little brown.(do not let them turn black)
- In the big wok heat 1/4 cup oil.( do not over heat the oil or else the tempering might burn)
- Add mustard seeds, once they crackle add curry leaves and green chillies.
- Now add groundnuts and roast them for 2 minutes until they are well fried.
- Add cashewnuts and raisins and roast them for 2-3 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, powdered sugar and salt.
- Now add the Poha and roasted dry coconut flakes .
- Mix well and take it off the gas stove.
- Take them out in a large bowl and mix well.
- Poha Chivda is ready to serve. Store it in an airtight container.
Good recipe…..identical to the one my Mom always followed …the taste came out perfect….thank you,cookingpal…
You are welcome Manju and thank you for your feedback.. I am glad it turned out perfect