- Yield: 8 kebabs
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
Hara Bhara Kebabs
An amazing starter and super easy to make. I wanted to make Hara Bhara Kebabs for so long and finally made them yesterday. They aren't too spicy so they are just perfect for kids. These yummy, tasty , healthy kebabs serve as a wonderful appetizer or a perfect tea time snack.
- Spinach (Palak) - 1/4 cup blanched ( 20 spinach leaves)
- Green peas - 1/4 cup
- Coriander - 1/4 cup
- Potato - 2 boiled and mashed
- Green chillies - 2 ( finely chopped
- Chat Masala - 1 and 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Ginger paste - 1/2 tsp
- Corn flour - 2 tsp for binding and dusting
- Oil - for frying
- Squeeze and drain out all the excess water from the spinach and chop it fine.
- In a bowl add the boiled and mashed potatoes.
- Add boiled green peas and the blanched and chopped spinach.
- Add green chillies, coriander, ginger paste, cumin( zeera) Powder (optional) and chat masala. Mix well. (If you want even greener color for the kebabs you may add a few drops of green colour. )
- Add corn flour and mix them well and shape them into patties.
- If you feel the mixture is soggy and not binding well, you may add breadcrumbs in the mixture , mix well and then shape the kebabs.
- Add cashew nut halves on each kebab as a garnish.
- Refrigerate them for 15 to 20 mins to make them firm enough.
- Dust them with corn flour.
- Deep fry them in hot oil.( please note the oil should be extremely hot ) If you wish you may also choose to shallow fry them.
- Serve them hot with tomato sauce and date tamarind chutney.
Wow lovely ! I never knew that for such kebabs the secret of firmness is to refrigerate them before deep frying ! Thanks will surely try them