- Yield: 3 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Onion Fritters - Kanda Bhaji
Onion Pakoras are just the perfect food during cooler / rainy days. It is a very popular Mumbai street food. This is a classic finger food that no can resist for sure :)
- Onion - 3 (finely sliced)
- Besan - 1/2 cup
- Rice Flour - 2 tsp
- Deggi Mirch Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder ( Haldi) - a pinch
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder ( jeera) - 1/4 tsp
- Carom Seeds ( Ajwain) - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander seeds (Dhania) - 1/4 tsp ( slightly crushed)
- Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup ( finely chopped)
- salt - as per taste
- Oil - for deep frying
- Chat Masala - Optional to sprinkle before serving
- Tomato Ketchup - to serve
- Add salt to the sliced onions, mix well and keep aside for a while.
- After a while the onions will leave some water, add all the powdered spices, coriander , carom seeds ( ajwain), coriander seeds and mix well.
- Add the Besan and rice flour and mix well.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Gradually start dropping small portions of the batter into the hot oil and fry them until golden brown on slow to medium flame.( take care not the burn the onion too much)
- Serve them hot with a sprinkle of chaat Masala and tomato Ketchup on the side.