- Yield: 4 people
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Cauliflower Potato Curry
This is an easy onion-coconut based curry. Most of the gravies made in the coastal regions of Maharashtra are coconut based and this is one of them. A staple curry that can be made in many variations like Peas- Potato, Drumstick Potato etc.
- Fresh Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Onion - 2-3 ( sliced)
- Tomato - 1 ( finely chopped)
- Malwani Masala or Deggi Mirch powder + Garam Masala - 3 tsp
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder ( Haldi) - 1/4 tsp
- Hing - 1 or 2 pinches
- Cauliflower - 10-15 florets
- Potato - 2 ( diced into cubes)
- salt - as per taste
- Oil - 6-7 tsp
Onion Coconut Paste
- In a pan heat 1/2 tsp oil and saute the sliced onions and saute well until they turn brown.
- Then add the freshly grated coconut and mix well.
- Grind into a smooth paste with a little water.
To make the veggie :
- In a pressure cooker heat 5 tsp oil and add the finely chopped onions and saute for a min.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for a min.
- Add chopped tomato and saute for a min.
- Then add the Masala and let it cook for 2 mins.
- Then add the cauliflower and potatoes and mix.
- Add the onion coconut paste and 1/2 cup of water ( or as desired consistency)
- Then add salt and mix well.
- Cover the pressure cooker pan and cook until one whistle and the sabzi is done.
- I have used Malwani Masala (which is a blend of 3 different variety of chillies and Garam Masala) for this recipe however if you don't find Malwani Masala you may use a combination of Deggi Mirch + Garam Masala.
- Using this same method you can make other curries like green peas - Potato or drumsticks-potato etc.