- Yield: 22 ladoos
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
Rava Coconut Ladoo
Rava Ladoos are one of the easiest sweet dish you can prepare in a jiffy. These Laddoos are quick to prepare and taste absolutely yummy. Specially made during festive occasions, it is sure to satisfy your craving for a sweet tooth.
- Semolina ( Sooji/Rava) - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1 cup
- coconut - 1 cup
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom powder ( Elaichi Powder) - 1 tsp
- Cashew Nuts (Kaju) - 15-20 ( small pieces
- Kismis ( currents) - 1/4 cup
- Milk - to bind ( if required)
- Ghee - as required
- Keep all the ingredients ready.
- Heat 2-3 tsp of ghee in a frying Pan and saute the cashewnuts and kismis for 2-3 mins on low flame take them out in a bowl and keep aside.
- Add 2-3 tsp of Ghee and slightly roast the Semolina /Sooji on a low flame until it slightly changes color and you a get a nice aroma. ( approximately 8-10 mins)
- Add the coconut to the Sooji and roast it well.
- Heat water in a big kadhai and add the sugar . Mix it well. Slowly it will come to a boil ( do not over boil we do not need a string consistency either only until the sugar dissolves well. )
- Add the coconut,rava , dryfruits and cardamom powder in the sugar syrup and mix.
- Add a little ghee if required.
- The mixture for ladoos is ready.
- Apply ghee on the palm and shape the ladoos to the desired shape. If you find the mixture a little dry you can always add milk at room temperature to shape the ladoos. (These taste even more tastier because of the milk.)
Excellent thoroughly enjoyed
Thanks Pramila, I am glad you did