- Yield: 35
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
Paneer Butter Masala ( How to make Paneer Makhani )
Butter Paneer the most famous and common dish that is found in all Indian restaurants across the globe. A rich creamy tomato cashew nut based gravy cooked with cottage cheese ( Paneer) that is simply irresistible. It can be enjoyed with Jeera Rice or Naan.
- For the gravy paste
- Onions - 2 medium sized
- Tomato - 3 medium ( red ripe)
- Dried Red Chilli ( Bedgi variety) - 3-4
- Cashew Nuts (Kaju) - 15
- To make the gravy
- Cumin ( zeera) - 1/4 tsp
- Garlic - 9-10 ( finely chopped)
- Green Chili - 1 ( finely chopped)
- Butter - 3 tbsp
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Kashmiri Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Everest Shahi Paneer Masala - 1/2 tsp
- sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Kasoori Methi (Dried Fenugreek Leaves) - 2 pinches
- Cardomom powder - 2-3 pinches
- Fresh Paneer - 150 gms
To make the gravy paste:
- In a sauce pan add roughly chopped onions, tomato, cashewnuts and red chillies and add 1 and 1/2cup water and boil for 10 mins or until the onions and tomatoes soften.
- Cool it and then blend is into a smooth paste without adding any water ( not even the water in which it was boiled) Retain the water can be added later to the gravy .
To make Paneer Butter Masala :
- Heat oil and butter in a pan.
- Add chopped garlic and green chilli and sauté well until the raw smell of the garlic disappears.
- Add the blended tomato - onion paste and mix well and cover and cook for 5-6 minutes on low to medium flame stirring occasionally. ( the gravy keeps spluttering so ensure you cover it with the lid and reduce the flame while you plan to stir it )
- Open the cover and add garam masala, red chilli powder, Shahi Paneer Masala, cardamom powder and tomato puree (optional) and mix well.
- Add kasoori methi, salt and sugar mix well and again cover and cook for 2-3 minutes. You need to cover and cook the gravy throughout since it tends to splutter.
- Add some water ( very little) if the gravy looks too thick.
- Now add the paneer and cook for another minute or so.
- Add cream and cook it covered for another 2-3 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot, garnished with butter and fresh cream and enjoy with roti or rice.
Do try this recipe and let me know your feedback. Do like my page https://www.facebook.com/yourcookingpal/ to receive regular updates. Check out http://yourcookingpal.com/ for many more recipes. Till then Happy Cooking :)