- Yield: 4-5 people
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
Misal Pav - Fresh Green Peas
Usually for Misal Pav we use dried green/ white peas or Matki that is soaked in water and then used. Here is a Misal Pav recipe that my mom makes using Fresh Green Peas. I am sure you will be completely blown away with this mouthwatering, spicy misal.
- Green Peas ( fresh/ frozen) - 1 cup
- Garlic - 10 -15 cloves
- Ginger - 2 inch piece
- Dry coconut - 1/4 cup ( broken in to pieces
- coriander - 3-4 sprigs
- Mint Leaves - 10-15
- Coriander Seeds - 1 tbsp
- Cumin ( jeera) - 1 tsp
- Black pepper (Kali Mirch) - 1 tsp
- Cloves (Laung Or Lavang ) - 3-4
- Malwani Masala - 3 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Onion - 1 Big ( finely Chopped)
- Tomato - 2 (finely chopped
- Curry Leaves - 7-8 leaves
- Salt - as per taste
- Hing (Asafoetida) - 2 pinches
- Keep dry coconut, coriander, mint, cumin, coriander seeds, cloves and peppercons ready to roast.
- Heat a pan and add 1 tsp oil and roast the dry coconut. once it turns a little brown then add coriander, mint, cumin, coriander seeds, cloves and peppercons and roast well.
- Add everything to a mixer grinder and with very little water and grind into a fine paste and keep aside.
- In a pressure cooker pan add 4 tsp oil .
- Once the oil is hot add curry leaves, hing and onion and saute until the onions turn translucent.
- Add tomatoes and saute until they turn soft.
- Add the Malwani Masala ( red Chilli powder) ,turmeric, salt and mix well.
- Now add the ground paste and saute well.
- Once it starts leaving oil from the sides add the green peas and saute well.
Add atleast 2 cups of water and mix well.( depends on the consistency you prefer , however misal is usually thin and watery.
- Cover the pressure cooker pan with its lid and cook until one whistle.
- Once the cooker cools down open the lid and reheat it again.
- Serve hot along with pav, farsan ( usal Mix) , onions, tomatoes, coriander and lemon wedges on the side.
- The Malwani Masala that is used for this recipe is blend of dried red chillies and garam masala. I use home made Malwani Masala. It is easily available in any of the spice stores under various brand names. In case you do not find it, you may alternatively use Deggi Mirch powder + garam Masala ( 2:1 Proportion)
Do try this recipe and let me know your feedback. Check out http://yourcookingpal.com/ for other more recipes.
To receive regular updates do like my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/yourcookingpal
Follow me on Instagram : yourcookingpal
Happy Cooking :)